The kidsmediacentre functions as a creative research hub within the children’s media industry. We offer a three-tiered approach to research:
Market Research: The kidsmediacentre provides a rich menu of creative research tools to help content producers develop meaningful and inspiring entertainment for children.
Applied Research: We provide research and development support to children’s producers by tapping into federal and provincial “applied” grants and partnering Centennial’s multi-disciplinary faculty and students with industry.
Social Science Research: As an academic centre, we research and explore children’s relationship with media, technology and entertainment in all of its forms and creative expressions.
The kidsmediacentre offers a unique perspective within the children’s market combining academic rigour and a strategic, brand building discipline to all research we do. We can help you :
- Develop deep strategic profiles and lifestyle analysis of children and parents
- Explore or test the viability of an early stage idea
- Research the competitive landscape
- Build and explore preliminary youth focused concepts
- Child development compatibility and ensuring high ground, age-appropriate communication in your production
- Harness children’s creativity and intuitive story and gameplay sensibilities to optimize your property’s enjoyment and learning potential
- Research the reception and passion children have for your product, property or idea
- User experience design and testing …usability….playability
- Explore the largely untapped educator perspective
- Strategy clarity and communications optimization
- Assess message playback